Dear Valued Customer,
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was on 15 November 2013 by the Government to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. Under the act, we, Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Air Selangor) are required to serve you as our customer a notice pertaining to your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected, and further processed by us, and the purposes for the data processing.
Consequently, please be informed that the personal data and other information (collectively referred to as "personal data") provided in your application for water supply inclusive any other services, which relating thereto to Air Selangor services is being, and will likely continue to be, used and processed by Air Selangor for the following purposes:-
- to facilitate the provisioning of water supply and/or responsive services to your property;
- for the maintenance of customer database and customer service related processes;
- for billing and payment processing purposes;
- for contact purposes;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- for administrative purposes;
- to meet legal and statutory requirement;
- for analysis and planning purposes including historical and statistical record;
- for general operation and maintenance of the services provided by Air Selangor;
- for the investigation of complaints and suspected suspicious transactions.
This information is necessary to us. If you do not provide all of the information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our capacity to accomplish the abovestated purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose the personal data to the following parties for the purposes stated above:
- Our agents and contractors (including those located overseas) providing services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected;
- Third parties (including those located overseas) who provide data processing services;
- In circumstances where delay or default payment has occurred, to our appointed lawyers, debt collection agencies, credit reporting agencies; and
- Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
We may also disclose the personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (i) comply with requirements of any law enforcement agency, court order, or legal process; or (ii) protect and defend rights or property of Air Selangor and its personnel.
Access, Corrections and Complaints
If you would like to make any enquiries or complaints, or request access or correction of your personal data, you may contact our personal data protection officer from our Legal Department by calling them at 03 - 2088 5400 or faxing 03-20885122 from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to a fee and to requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Where you elect to limit our rights to process your personal data, you may also contact the abovementioned personal data protection officer, in writing.