While millions of people around the world struggle to get access to clean drinking water, many others in privileged parts,
waste potable water without appreciating its value.
Here is a reminder on ways to conserve water and reduce waste:
1. Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
2. Take shorter showers instead of long baths.
3. Use the washing machine and dishwasher only when there is a full load.
4. Ensure there are no dripping taps, faucets and pipes. Fix the drip!
5. Invest in water-efficient fixtures such as low-flow shower heads/taps and low-flush toilets or dual flush toilets.
6. Make it habitual to collect and reuse rain water for watering plants, car wash, cleaning outdoors.
7. Plan ahead and defrost food in the fridge instead of running frozen food under water/hot water from faucet.